Vitamins and Dogs
Vitamins work in concert with other vitamins and nutrients to nourish your dog. When vitamins are provided to meet requirements they can help keep your dog healthy and active so that he can be at his best every day.
The good news is that vitamin supplements are not necessary for healthy dogs consuming a complete and balanced dog food. Here are some of the vitamins you will find in Purina® Dog Chow® brand dog food formulas and a brief description of how they contribute:
• Vitamin A is necessary for in normal vision, growth, immune system function and reproduction.
• Vitamin D is important for your dog’s bone health and in the absorption of Calcium in the intestine.
• Vitamin E is an antioxidant and as such, it minimizes the cell damage from oxidation.
• Vitamin K is involved in the process of blood clotting and also bone mineralization.
• B-Complex Vitamins play an important role in the metabolism of protein, carbohydrates and fat in your dog’s body. Your dog then uses these nutrients to grow strong and to be energetic so that he can stay active with the family.